Article: Real Case Study (Ref- tmblwardapril2012-05-15)
In today’s mortgage market it is very rare to get a mortgage from application to offer within a couple of weeks, let alone a couple of days.
However in the right circumstances The Mortgage Broker (St Neots) Ltd has shown that a mortgage offer can be produced in a matter of hours – 48 hours to be exact.
The average mortgage offer in 2012 takes 28 days from application – based on information supplied by The Mortgage Broker (St Neots) Ltd. The 2 day mortgage offer had certain characteristics that allowed the mortgage to be offered in record time and those were:
- A low loan to value of less than 65% allowing the mortgage lender to produce an automated valuation based on the electronic data held on the value of properties in this postcode.
- The clients were existing current bank account holders with this particular bank allowing the bank/lender to perform instant credit and income checks which meant the need for manual underwriting checks were done away with
- The affordability calculation that the lender performs was successfully passed by the applicants based on the electronic data held by the lender.
We won’t promise that if you are looking for a quick mortgage offer that we can deliver a turnaround time of 48 hours but we will guarantee that there will be no delays on our side in regard to the processing of your mortgage application.
Some Interesting Stats for Mortgage offers in 2012
- For a residential purchase application the average time for a mortgage offer is 27 days
- For a residential remortgage application the average time for a mortgage offer is 32 days
- For a buy to let purchase application the average time for a mortgage offer is 26.5 days
- For a buy to let remortgage application the average time for a mortgage offer is 20 days
- For a first time buyer application the average time for a mortgage offer is 33 days